Sunday, August 5, 2012

Native American Quotes

Think not forever of yourselves, O chiefs, nor of your own generation. Think of continuing generations of our families, think of our grandchildren and of those yet unborn, whose faces are coming from beneath the ground....Peacemaker, Founder of the Iroquois Confederacy (circa 1000 AD)

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round... Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle. The sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nests in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours. The sun comes forth and goes down again in a circle. The moon does the same, and both are round. Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing. Our tepees were round like the nests of birds, and these were always set in a circle. The nation's hoop, a nest of many nests, where the Great Spirit meant for us to hatch our children....Black Elk, Oglala Sioux Holy Man



My friend, I do not blame you for this. Had I listened to you this trouble would not have happened to me. I was not hostile to the white man....All we wanted was peace and to be left alone...I came here with the agent (Lee) to talk with Big White Chief, but was not given a chance. They tried to confine me, I tried to escape, and a soldier ran his bayonet into me. I have spoken....Crazy Horse's final words, Oglala Sioux



My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are - perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children and see how many I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me my chiefs. I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever....Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Brothers, we must be united; we must smoke the same pipe; we must fight each other's battles; and more than all, we must love the Great Spirit....Tecumseh, Shawnee

Will you ever begin to understand the meaning of the soil beneath your very feet? From a grain of sand to a great mountain, all is sacred. Yesterday and tomorrow exist eternally upon this continent. We natives are the guardians of this sacred place....Peter Blue Cloud, Mohawk

Humankind has not woven the web of life
we are but one thread within it.
whatever we do to the web,
we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together
All things connect.
...Chief Seattle




 Want To Buy And Sell Bullion?
Invest As Much Our As Little As You Want.

No comments:

Post a Comment